Date: 30 October 2016 (Sunday)
Start Time: 7.00 a.m.
(Reporting Time: 6.00 a.m.)
Venue: Taman Botani, Shah Alam, Selangor.
Mr. Lim Lian Geok, the former chairman of Jiao Zong (United Chinese School Teachers Association of Malaysia, UCSTAM), was a man honoured as “Soul of the Malaysian Chinese” by the Chinese community. He was recognized by the Malaysian Chinese academicians such as Professor Tay Lian Soo who commended him highly as the first and most important figure in Malaysian Chinese education history.
Mr. Lim was the premier leader of Dong Jiao Zong (a body comprising the United Chinese School Committees Association of Malaysia, UCSCAM or Dong Zong, and Jiao Zong) in 1950s and early 1960s. He led the Chinese community in fighting for education rights as well as civil rights for the Chinese community and was the de facto spokesperson on those issues. He advocated national independence and ethnic equality, and had urged Malays and non-Malays to hold hand in hand in developing a multicultural and multi-ethnic model country whereby the non-Malays should pledge their allegiance to Malaya (Malaysia), while the Malays should embrace the idea of mutual co-existence,working and sharing prosperity in nation building.
Mr. Lim dedicated his whole life to realising the equality among ethnic groups and the progress of the nation. He devoted himself and sacrificed greatly towards Chinese education during his prime of life, yet his citizenship and teaching license were revoked by the government. His spirit of “insisting on principles despite being poor and remaining unyielding in facing brutal persecution” set a glorious example for Malaysians. Mr. Lim Lian Geok passed away on 18 Dec 1985.Dong Jiao Zong and the major Chinese associations then set upthe LLG Cultural Development Centre and fixed the date of his passing as “Chinese Education Festival”, to commemorate this great man, to promote his spirit and to continue his unaccomplished vision and mission.
About twenty years after Lim Lian Geok’s demise, Chinese community in Malaysia proposed to set up a memorial hall in his honour , to properly preserve all his historical documents and precious relics so that his legacies could be passed on from generation to generation.
In 2012, LLG Cultural Development Centre (LLG) organized the first LLG Run. The objectives of the Run were to encourage people to make running a good healthy habit and to raise funds for Memorial LLG and other activities. The first LLG Run had achieved a great success in which we had attracted 4,000 runners. In 2014, the second LLG Run was held at Kuala Lumpur, Batu Pahat, Ipoh and Penang concurrently, with a total number of 10,000 participants and it was hailed as a grand event of the year in the Chinese education sector.
This year, we will be havingour third Biennial LLG Running Event (or the LLG Run) at two different locations,i.e. Seremban (on 2nd Oct 2016) and Kuala Lumpur (30th Oct 2016). Both Runs will be co-organized by State LLG Liaison Committees as well as the local Chinese schools and organizations.
We earnestly hope that your esteemed school, organization and company will continue to render your support for this Run, assisting us in raising sufficient funds in order to ensure the continued development of LLG.
Thank you very much!
The fund collected this year will be used for the following purposes:
- To edit and publish the complete works of Lim Lian Geok; and to study and research on historical figures of the chinese education movement such as Sim Mow Yu, Lim Fong Seng, etc.
- To realize the objective of leading by spiritual guidance, by organizing talks, forums, conference, group discussion, workshop as well as publications, to study the historical implications, contemporary issues and development trends of Chinese education.
- To promote and improve physically the present Lim Lian Geok Memorial, by further collecting information and relics of Mr.Lim and his comrades; to consolidate and enrich the memorial contents; to open up special exhibition within and without the memorial; to encourage the public and school students to visit the memorial; to act as an information centre for both local and overseas academicians who have a keen interest in Malaysian history.
- To go round the country to give talk and to share about the stories of Chinese education so as to inspire students to appreciate and understand the importance of mother tongue education and tocherish theopportunity for education.
5. To explore co-operation with different ethnic groups to enhance inter-ethnic solidarity in the society in accordance with the belief of Mr. Lim Lian Geok of “Abundance in Diversity, Prosperity in Co-Existence”.
- Sponsor of RM10, 000 and above, will be the flag-off commander and will be awarded a souvenir and a commendation certificate from the organizer.
- Sponsor of RM5, 000 and above, will be the honoured guest in ribbon cutting ceremony and will be awardeda souvenir and a commendation certificate from the organizer.
- Those sponsoring amount of RM1, 000 and above, will become the special guests in ribbon cutting ceremony and will be presented with souvenirs and commendation certificates from the organizer.
MODE OF PAYMENT
- Cheque / Bank draft: Payable to “LLG Cultural Development Centre Berhad”. Please send it together with the sponsorship form.
- Bank in to our Public Bank account: 3155631331, LLG Cultural Development Centre Berhad. Please send the bank-in slip with your name and phone number to us via fax, email or WhatsApp to 019-2802496(Name, I/C No. and bank-in slip).
- Cash: Please hand in cash with sponsorship form to our office and please insist on getting a receipt from us.
LLG Cultural Development Centre Berhad
No. 89 & 91, Jalan Maharajalela, 50150 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Phone:03-21422496/2497 Fax:03- 21422487
Email:[email protected] Webpage: https://www.llgcultural.com
Online Registration:www.pacerssport.my (not including Family Team)
Early Bird Closing Date: 19/08/2016(Fri)
Registration Closing Date: 16/09/2016(Fri)
For more information please visit our facebook https://www.facebook.com/events/1074791132606488/
Registration form download：https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B1Q3o2vsVJ1gVDdDcXUyUE5Qenc&usp=sharing